The Gander Inn before it was a motel and Bed & Breakfast circa 1912
This historical building has been through many conversions over the years. It is thought that this building was moved to it's current location at 105 Church Street. The operating room was on the first floor, and after the doctor was finished with the surgery, patients were carried up stairs to a private room for recovery. There were many children in Garden County born in this hospital. The nursing home was added to the right side of the hospital which later became the motel rooms of today.
This house was first built in 1912 for the Orr family. Then In 1943 the Orr family donated this home to the village of Lewellen to become a hospital. The main floor was the operating room, then after surgery, patients were carried up stairs for recovery. Room # 7 was a delivery room, there were many children born from 1943 to the late 1960's.